Wednesday, August 29, 2007

38 weeks


Tuesday August 21 2007
7:00pm EDT

So, I was 38 weeks on Sunday. Insane. Moving day was Friday. Jon killed himself getting everything done. I left as soon as the movers arrived. Went out to CT-- went to BB&B and got bathroom stuff, went to BRU and returned the sling that got terrible reviews as well as the mini co-sleeper sheets and got a bouncer and some other stuff. Went to Barnes & Noble and grabbed some magazines, then went to the mall for lunch at Subway. Stopped at Hannaford and went to the townhouse. Organizedthe baby stuff in the basement. Went and picked up Stanley at the in-laws' house because he'd puked in his carrier (they were grabbing our dining room table, etc).

The movers showed up andthey got stuff loaded in in just a few hours. We were totally exhausted after they left. Saturday we busted a move and unpacked a ton. Sunday we unpacked some more. Jon also put together the glider and the co-sleeper and dresser/changing table. Had Monday off, but I didn't sleep well the night before so I was pretty tired all day. Jon worked and I took it easy. I brought most of the baby stuff upstairs, sorted and put away the clothes and bath/medical stuff. Jon still has to put together the large dresser and the pack n play.

My new boss got fired. They're making it sound like he left, but I'm pretty sure he was canned. His boss might cover the position til I come back from maternity leave and then try to get me to take the job. She's been talking to me about it. I just don't know if it's worth the money... I'll be adjusting to so much after Maya comes, especially after I go back to work, and I want my 2 days from home, I want my flexibility, I want my comfy, easy job.

Still feeling relatively ok. Had a good appt Thursday, refused an internal. Had some crampiness Saturday night, but nothing since. Still only getting up once or twice a night to pee, my feet swell a little bit sometimes, I think my hands might be swelling a little only because my rings are getting tight, but they don't look swollen. Getting tired easier, but besides that, I'm still doing pretty good. Had a little heartburn during the night last night, but that only happens once in a while.

Baby moves a lot still! We're set on her name -- Maya Rose. I'm started to get less freaked out at the idea of her coming and more excited at the idea of meeting her. I'm getting a little freaked out about labor... about the pain and when it will happen, but I'm doing my best to remain calm.